A guide to making your Uber clone achieve immense success
The Transportation giant Uber has achieved immense name and fame when it comes to success such that no other competing mobile app can go even one bit closer to what the ride-hailing app has accomplished ever since its launch. Now with services provided in many international countries, it has reached the milestone of completing 5 billion rides across the globe which is a considerable achievement.
Although for an ambitious entrepreneur who is faced with the Herculean task of developing a powerful taxi booking app like Uber, it is very much possible if one plans things careful enough before execution. We will provide an insight regarding the critical aspects related to developing an app that is successful like Uber.
So, when we speak about the steps associated with developing the taxi app, there are a plethora of options where it starts with understanding and finding the area of expertise. The business needs are what that forms the paramount aspect when it comes to taxi-booking application development.
The classification of taxi-booking apps is as follows.
- Ride-hailing apps: One of the most popular types associated with the on-demand taxi business sector, it constitutes a user app, a driver app and an admin app where each comes with its own set of features that satiate the shareholder’s needs. Some notable exemplars include Ola and of course Uber.
- Shuttle-service apps: This particular categorization of taxi app is focused primarily on booking in advance and providing services in a given area of the city. Furthermore, there are the services associated with private shuttle making use of which users can book a vehicle or rent one. For instance, features is an airport shuttle service which picks the users from various location and drops them at the destination, which is the airport.
- Carpooling: This is applicable for people who commute on a given route. The app’s income is related to the commission gained in every ride. BlaBlacar is a noteworthy example that follows the carpooling model of services.
Rather than opting to develop the mobile app to satiate the needs of the public, one can build apps that accomplish a given enterprise’s needs and requirements. This category of apps is called employee transportation applications.
The market and the future of ride-booking apps looks very bright and promising even though the global COVID-19 pandemic has slightly impacted the industry. Everyone is taking the needed precautions, and it will take some time before normalcy resumes. The total income dropped from $302.2 billion from last year to $192.93 this year, which accounted for a revenue dip of 36%. The German-based online portal for statistics Statista said that things would become better in the upcoming times and the revenue will reach $344.5 million by the year 2023.
Thereby it is better to comprehend the present situation and focus on the sector where there is an excellent demand for taxi-booking apps.
Accomplishing the challenges
In your quest to reign supreme in the taxi booking industry, there are some sets of challenges that are usually encountered.
Competition in the taxi business market:
There is intense competition in this market where everybody is competing with one another for supremacy in providing the best services. Top-rated apps are the ones which can survive this extreme vying. The need of the hour to optimize the business is through a unique selling proposition. The ride-hailing giant Ola was subject to criticism for replicating the business model of Uber. In response, one of its co-founders replied that inspiration was not bad, but the main challenge that a successful app faces is in satiating the target demographics.
Safety & Security aspects:
It is another crucial aspect when we speak about ride booking. All the drivers must be subject to a rigorous and all-encompassing background check before they are integrated with the mobile app’s functioning. Some essential features related to this include the likes of Call masking and an SOS button.
When we speak about revenue generation, the following criteria will significantly help in bringing a considerable amount of income for your ride-hailing business. The fare is calculated by
- Base Fare- Here the fare is fixed, and it depends upon the vehicle being chosen
- Cost per minute- This fare is calculated when time estimation is done by using GPS.
- Cost per mile – This gets based on the total distance that was covered during the entire ride.
- Booking fare– This is for availing the services of the mobile application.
Furthermore, one can also implement surge pricing, which is calculated as per the present demands and needs.
Technology is ever-advancing, and this continuous evolution has paved the way for developers to create an app that significantly satiates the requirements of the users. If you want the right partner to take care of your dreams of Uber clone development, you are welcome to approach the team at Uberdoo. Every phase of the app development, including UI/UX design, backend development along with Testing and Launch, is handled with care and quality. We can develop an Uber Clone satiating your requirements in both the iOS and Android platforms for an economical price.
To know more, visit us at Uberdoo.com.
PrawinChandru is the entrepreneur and co-founder of the Canadian technology company Uberdoo. He has played a significant role in upscaling the company as a global leader when it comes to developing highly successful taxi booking and ride-hailing mobile app solutions. An avid blogger, in his free time, he loves writing blogs based on the latest technological trends that are popular in the market.