An introduction to the world of on-demand food ordering and delivery
In this COVID-19 era, the power of digital media is valued in ascertaining safe and contactless enterprise functioning. The business owners are bonded with their prospective clients immediately, and everything can be accessed from the comforts of the home for the user.
When we speak about the food cravers and gourmets, they don’t risk leaving their homes due to the fear of getting infected by the virus. That is the driving factor behind getting an UberEats clone developed now.
Let’s see how an On-Demand Food Ordering / Delivery Business actually functions.
- Web-Based Multi Restaurant Portal:
This is a website where people are provided with options for food ordering. A given eatery will show the food menu which the customers can view and choose before placing their orders.
- Web-Based Backends for Restaurant:
This is used for management of the restaurants who are registered with the user. Here everything from the food menu to sales data is managed seamlessly.
- Master Admin Control Panel:
With this control panel, everything from eateries, the customers, the user access, the orders and payments is in total control when it comes to management.
- Restaurant Food delivery Customer Apps:
The most noteworthy software here, it is built on the major Operating Systems where the menu is displayed via the app and the customer order can be placed.
- Order Management Kitchen App:
Every eatery needs a mobile app to take care of the orders. This app will help the staff in giving orders for the food delivery professionals. It also helps the customers with regular updates of the orders, and they can see the status related to the update of the food item.
- Rider Delivery App:
This app helps in alerting the drivers regarding new delivery orders and also helps in getting the live status of where exactly the delivery professional is located.
- Delivery Management Web Console:
As a web-based application, this is used by restaurant owners to input new delivery executives and as well as to see their real-time locations. Assigning tasks can be made automatically or with manual intervention.
Main Features associated with On-Demand Food Delivery App Development
- User Registration: This is facilitated with the help of OTPs in case of mobile number signup, or one can use social media logins or register with email and password.
- Advanced search: Eateries can be searched based on the name, the cuisine and the location. The search algorithm must use the power of GPS as well to show options based on the same.
- Customer Loyalty Programme: Food gourmets can earn points for every order. With that, they regularly return to the app for reimbursing the earned points.
- A variety of Service Options: The platform ought to provide services related to Dine-In Bookings, Take Aways and most importantly, Food Delivery.
- Push Notifications: An important feature, push notifications help in updating the users about the latest deals and offers via the app.
- Order Tracking: The users must be able to track their orders and get to know the Estimated Time of Arrival related to food delivery. Further, the staff from the eatery or the delivery manager can track the delivery personnel if there are some unforeseen delays.
- Payment Options: The food delivery app must encompass payment options like credit/debit card, eWallets, internet banking and cash on delivery as well. The users can choose anyone for payment based on their likings.
- Order history – A detailed section which provides knowledge of the previous orders is a must for an on-demand food delivery app. This can help the users in reordering previously ordered items.
- Review system: By providing a review section related to every food order, it helps other users in knowing about a given eatery and the services.
So how do Food Delivery App businesses get revenue?
It can be through many models specified below.
- Earning by Order:
A very popular earning model one can get a fixed commission or order amount percentage applicable to every order. It is a restaurant friendly as well, and they can make payments only when the order is generated via the mobile application.
The restaurants can be presented with several subscription plans, and the payments can be monthly or quarterly or half-yearly or on an annual basis. Each plan can be individually defined with services which include limiting the number of orders, the restaurant placement in the search results and lots more.
The app owners can charge a given premium to the various eateries concerning the placement of them in the top of the search results or by marketing them on the home screen of the given food delivery application.
- Marketing Plans:
There are many ways to market a restaurant via the means of the mobile app, reviews and through the power of social media.
A White labelled food delivery business is seen as a profitable venture at present that too especially when the world is facing the pandemic. A food delivery app inbuilt with the best safety precautions will definitely be warmly welcomed by all.
If you are interested in finding a reliable On-Demand Food Ordering / Delivery App Development Company that can help in developing a COVID-19 secure UberEats clone app, you are more than welcome to approach Uberdoo. We do everything to ensure that your business will be started in a few weeks. We also develop the apps for a very economical price.
To know more, visit us at Uberdoo.com.